Winter Rodeo

Winter Rodeo
2014

Monday, February 28, 2011

March 4th Marching Band


Kills it every time.  I wish I could end this post with "Nuff Said" right now.  That wouldn't even begin to touch you in the way that I was felt up by the super sexy sounds of this group.  First, I must say that Lynx was also very rad.  Not exactly the way that I would have anticipated the lead in to March 4th, but still very good.  The performance felt a bit slow but in hindsight I am glad that I was able to save my dancing feet and listen to some wicked beat-box action!

When I saw that Boogie Universal was putting on his show I knew it would be a blast.  The last time that March 4th came through Bellingham I believe that I had prior engagements and was unable to attend the show.  Either that or I had to do homework.  One or the other, doesn't really matter.  The last time that I DID see them was in Portland at the Hopworks Brewery Bike Fest.  I had seen them once prior to that here in the Ham and just happened to be in town and we didn't even know that they were going to be playing before arriving at the bar.  I also saw Acorn Project that same night at a totally different bar.  Also without having knowledge of them being in Portland prior to showing up at the venue.  Sometimes the stars line up like that.  Funny situation, Acorn Project is playing a free show this coming Saturday March 5th at the Buffalo.  (Free until 1030 that is.)


Tonight was one of the best performances that I have seen in a long time.  The gang has serious style and quite a bit of panache.  From the start of the first set my feet were moving to the grooves and didn't stop until the intermission.  Local bad-ass, Joel Ricci of Lucky Brown, was with the band for the show tonight on a couple different instruments, too.  The dancers on stilts are boss.  The "High-Chair" dance by the ladies to start the second set was phenomenal.  The grooves kept on coming and the dancing didn't stop until the final five miuntes before the bar HAD to be empty.  Not last call, the last five.  So rad.  I danced my snow-tired legs off.  If I didn't have to ride my bike back home after the show I don't know if I would have had any inclination that my legs were so beat.  Look this band up.  If they are coming to your town, DON'T MISS IT!  Dance your butt off and love every second of it.  Please, remember to hydrate before you go to the show or make sure to consume as much water at the show as possible.  You are going to need it!

Time to hit the sack.  Yoga in the morning.  Such a great life.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Right on man! It was an awesome show.

Interesting Perspective

I am always looking for new and interesting perspectives on Snowboarding, Skateboarding, Rock Climbing, Action Sports, and Marketing. Along with those topics some related issues that interest me are Sustainable Marketing and bridging the gap between the growing nature of businesses and the goal of enhancing the current sports industry business model to a healthier design for all!