The assignment was to choose something from my everyday routine that I use and check the ingredients against the CosmeticsDatabase for toxins. As you may know, most of the time when a company posts the ingredients on the packaging it done from greatest to least. Also
Aussie Moist Shampoo
Manufacturer: Proctor & Gamble (I didn't know that!)
- Ammonium Laureth Sulfate
- Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate
- Sodium Chloride
- Glycol Distearate
- Ammonium Xylenesulfonate
- Citric Acid
- Cetyl Alcohol
- Cocamide MEA
- Parfum (8)- BAD FOR YOU!
- Sodium Citrate
- Hydrogenated Polydecene
- Sodium Benzonate
- Disodium EDTA - "One or more animal studies show brain and nervous system effects at low dose", "Cancer"
- Trimethylloproanettricaprylate/ Tricaprate
- Ecklonia radiata extract - (Sea kelp)
- Aloe barbadensis leaf juice
- Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil
- Methylchlorisothiazolinone (6)
- Methylisothiazolinone (6)
- Yellow 5
- Red 4
Firstly, typing out that list of ingredients was insane. I didn't know that there were that many letters in the alphabet. Who does that? Seriously, I dont think that I can pronounce two-thirds of the list. Plus, it took me like 15 minutes to get through it and type it all out.
- What is in "Fragrance" that can kill you? I don't know either but I am going to avoid that.
- I don't know what Methylchlorisothaiazolinone does but it sounds painful.
I think I am going to have to get back to the hippy stuff.
Tea Tree Oil on my dome piece, fo sho!