Winter Rodeo

Winter Rodeo
2014

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Powder Pooped!

After riding the past three days at Mt. Baker my ass is beat. I am completely exhausted. I went to school today and had one hell of a time trying to keep my head up and be positive. I really do not like complaining and it is one of my worst character traits, so I had to try REALLY hard not to bitch and moan about how completely drained I am. I think that I over did it to the point of actually being angry at myself. Lets go back and evaluate the events of the weekend to see where I may have screwed myself over.

Friday Night:
  • hung out at the house and drank beers.
Saturday Morning:
  • woke up at 530 to go to the mountain.
  • 700 got pulled over for "speeding" (the cop was a dick and I'm gonna fight it, but that's another story)
  • rode pow in-bounds and got freshies until Noon!
  • drank a couple beers.
  • Hiked the Arm
  • Drank a couple beers.
  • Had a sandwich.
  • Rode some more.
Saturday night:
  • Got a flick and stayed in.
Sunday:
  • No overnight snow so woke up later
  • Rode the mountain
  • Drank beers
  • Ate a sandwich
  • Stopped by the Mount Baker Snowboard Shop. (Thanks for hooking Terence up!)
Sunday night:
  • Partied with Ian Harper for his big 25 b-day.
  • Drank a bunch of good beers.
  • Ate a bad-ass pasta salad. (Thanks, Colleen!)
Monday:
  • Drove up to support my peeps in the Legendary Mount Baker Banked Slalom Locals Qualifier. (Why the longwindedness?)
  • Drank some beers.
  • Hiked Hemishperes
  • Drank a little water.
  • Drank a beer.
  • Ate a bunch of baby carrots.
I guess there are two major factors at play here. First and foremost, not enough water. Second, I need to eat. Third, I left out all of the nonsensical cigarettes that I smoke, to which there would be too many pauses for a smoke break whilst, trying to read between all of the smoke breaks.

I hope you enjoyed my photos and have learned a very valuable lesson. Get outside and play as much as you can, just remember to eat plenty of food, and drink lots of water! (Good beer, too!)

1 comment:

cbhornick@aol.com said...

LOVED the photos and esp the white board drawing! Great to share in a "Weekend With Thomas". You just make sure you stick with that school stuff. I know it is tough.

Sounds like you and our son, John, have a lot in common: I would love for him to visit you sometime. You would LOVE him! Maybe next Christmas break ... he loves boarding in the snow. To be where you are would be a dream come true for him!

Love you!
CB

Interesting Perspective

I am always looking for new and interesting perspectives on Snowboarding, Skateboarding, Rock Climbing, Action Sports, and Marketing. Along with those topics some related issues that interest me are Sustainable Marketing and bridging the gap between the growing nature of businesses and the goal of enhancing the current sports industry business model to a healthier design for all!