Winter Rodeo

Winter Rodeo
2014

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bluebird Sickness

From the title most people would assume that I have some rad pics or a neat story of opening day at Baker. Not the case. What I do have is a sob story. A story of how one man didn't get out of bed this morning to go to school or the mountain.

Last night I wasn't feeling so hot. I got home from campus and took a nap, ate some cereal, then went down to the Y for a little climbing. And a little climbing is all that I was able to accomplish. My body was aching, muscles not reacting, head pounding, hands sweating more than normal. I could feel that I my body was trying to tell me to get in my bed and rest. I didn't.

After climbing I went to Rudy's Pizzaria for some dinner. You can't skip out on cheap pizza at Rudy's. Wednesday nights are half off normal prices of all one topping pizzas. 8 bucks for a large is RAD! Anyway, ate some food then came back to the house with Evan and Tuli. We kicked it for a bit then watched the Schwarzenegger classic, "The Running Man." Note: If you want to see some sick ass futuristic dancing check out that flick. The women do a version of the MC Hammer dance that's to die for. I mean, you will most likely die laughing.

Ok, so the movie ended and I crashed out. I was supposed to wake up this morning and go to class. Didn't happen. The worst part about not going to class this morning is that while I was lying in bed, hoping I would feel better, I thought to myself, "I could be up on the mountain catching the first lifts of the season and be back on the road to work by 1030." I would have much rather been doing that than in bed coughing and dreading the upcoming work day. Plus, I still have a ton of homework, too.

Time to shower and do an MC Hammer dance.

No comments:

Interesting Perspective

I am always looking for new and interesting perspectives on Snowboarding, Skateboarding, Rock Climbing, Action Sports, and Marketing. Along with those topics some related issues that interest me are Sustainable Marketing and bridging the gap between the growing nature of businesses and the goal of enhancing the current sports industry business model to a healthier design for all!